How to Donate for Spring Fling, the Auction Thing
The church is grateful for your donation to our Spring Fling Auction. The information you provide will help us create a catalog for the event that will be distributed to church members and friends, and be available the night of the auction. After the auction, all donors will receive an acknowledgment and a thank-you letter for the donation at the value that has been indicated. This letter may be used for tax purposes. Also, donor letters from the church are available for you to take when soliciting from businesses or organizations explaining the auction fundraiser and our non-profit status for their tax purposes.
A donation form and instructions are available to view and print. To save the PDF form with fill-in data, you will need to have the latest version of Adobe Reader. You may email the edited form or return the form to the volunteers at the auction table at church no later than Sunday, March 24.
If you have questions about a donation or completing this form, contact Ellen Parnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete a separate donation form for each item offered. Describe the item in specific detail — this information is needed for the Auction Catalog. For example, if you are providing a service, explain how long it will be provided and if there are any restrictions, as shown in these examples:
- Three hours of babysitting for up to four children, expires in one year
- Greek dinner for four in your home on Sept.14, 2013
- Fresh-baked holiday breads, 3 loaves delivered in Nov/Dec.
- Gift basket with gift certificate for manicure and pedicure, bubble bath and lotions
Actual items will be collected at First UU the week before the Auction:
- Sunday April 14, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Monday, April 15 and Thursday, April 18, 4:00-6:00 PM
Consider co-hosting events with your friends to share the fun! Below are just a few suggestions:
- Host a festive meal — whether is your gourmet specialty, a home-cooking pleaser, or your favorite international fare — for a group at your place or theirs.
- Plan a game night.
- Host an outing for golfing, sailing, fishing, biking or hiking.
- Share a weekend or week vacation at a beach house, mountain cabin or time-share resort.
Donate items that are new or in excellent condition . (Household items you no longer use or need can be donated to the next Moneyless Yard Sale.) Here are some ideas:
- Gourmet foods, specialty breads, party fare, gift baskets or restaurant gift certificates.
- Tickets or passes to sporting events, concerts, theater or museums.
- Gift certificates toward the purchase of musical instruments, books, CDs, electronics, or sporting goods … or these same items in new or gently used condition.
Provide a service or a gift certificate for services:
- Child care
- Legal or medical services
- Physical fitness
- Pet care
- Professional photography
- Yard work
- House painting
- Home/car/computer maintenance or repair