Be Part of Gallery 47!
One of Richmond’s longest running fine arts and craft show will occur again from Wednesday, September 25 to Sunday, September 29. Pick-up and last-minute sales will occur on October 1.
Aside from pledges, Gallery is the largest fundraiser for First UU. Over 200 volunteers will be needed again this year to assist with everything from handling flats and platforms to set-up of artwork to invoicing and data entry.
Help will be needed beginning September 19 through October 2. Those who have volunteered for Gallery in the past can tell you all about it. Don’t worry that you have not done this kind of stuff previously, we’ll be happy to train you!
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities, so there is something for everyone to do! Most of these jobs are done in two or three-hour shifts. Your choices include:
- Public Relations (starting in the summer) — Use your talents to help get the word out on radio, TV newspapers, magazines, and “the grapevine.”
- Muscles — Prepare the church for its amazing transformation. We need your strong arms, legs and backs to move furniture and displays before and after the show.
- Artist Check In/Check Out — Keep track of an amazing array of arts and crafts while getting your own private preview of the show. And, you get to meet the artists!
- Data Processing —Your computer input skills are needed for Gallery record keeping. This is an ongoing effort – before, during, and after Gallery.
- Setup and Design — Your arms and your sense of style will be put to good use to create a fabulous art space! This happens during the three days before Gallery opens. Let your creative juices flow, but leave your egos at the door!
- Greeters — Your smile will welcome the visitors to Gallery. Pick a two-hour shift from opening night until closing.
- Sales — The art truly sells itself, but we need you to write up the transactions. Help folks purchase sculptures, paintings, weaving, jewelry, pottery and more throughout the show. Choose your shift. Chose two; choose three!
- Cashiers — You get to sit down on this job. Any day or evening during Gallery you can tally up the sales and collect the money.
Sign up at the Gallery table on Sundays beginning in August or by using our online form. Try several different jobs. Make new friends! Spend a few hours in the midst of this artistic wonderland. Help the church with its most important fund-raising event.