Hunger is one of the greatest injustices facing our world, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Ending hunger is possible, and it is possible in our lifetime. This year our church is joining a national effort to help make that happen.
For nearly half a century, CROP Hunger Walks have ensured that more people worldwide have access to nutritious, sustainable food sources. 75% of the money from the CROP Hunger Walk goes to global hunger education, disaster relief, and self- help projects in more than 30 countries around the world. The remaining 25% of the funds support local hunger-fighting agencies: CARITAS, Shalom Farms, and the Peter Paul Development Center.
The local Walk of 3.1 miles is on October 20 and is one of more than 800 taking place nationally. To register for the walk – or just to make a contribution to this important effort click here: Crophungerwalk.org/richmondva/FirstUUteam.
Questions – contact Steve Saltzberg at 804-306-5184